HDFC Bank offers personal loan to cater various financial requirements such as overseas traveling, medical emergencies, wedding expenses, debt consolidation, etc. Quick approval, attractive interest rates, low processing charges and transparency are some of the features that make HDFC Bank Personal Loan a preferred choice amongst many borrowers. In addition to this, HDFC Bank personal loan provides seasonal offers, which can further reduce the payable EMI on the borrowed amount.
*The above information is indicative and liable to periodic change
HDFC Bank offers various benefits on personal loans. Some of them are:
- Personal Accident Cover
- Personal Loan Security
- Easy Loan Balance Transfer
- Part-payment Facility
- Minimal Documentation
- Attractive Interest Rates
- Quick Loan Disbursal
- Dedicated customer support
If you have queries or require assistance regarding personal loan, you can reach out to the bank via SMS, Webchat, Click2Talk and PhoneBanking.
The following people are eligible to apply for HDFC Bank Personal Loan:
- Salaried doctors, CAs and other employees of private limited companies.
- Employees from public sector undertakings (including central, state and local bodies).
- Individuals between 21 and 60 years of age.
- Individuals who have had a job for at least 2 years, with a minimum of 1 year with the current employer.
- Individuals who earn a minimum of Rs. 15,000 net income per month (Rs. 20,000 in Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Cochin).
Along with your personal loan application, the following
documentsare also required to be submitted:
- Proof of Identity – Aadhaar, Copy of Passport/Voter ID card /Driving License. Any one of the document can be submitted as a valid Identity Proof because all the listed documents have the individual’s photograph along with his or her name against the photograph proving the identity of the applicant.
- Proof of Address – A copy of Ration Card/Electricity or Telephone Bill/Rental Agreement/Passport. The applicant needs to submit any one of the afore-mentioned documents which state the correct address of the applicant needed for the verification process of the bank.
- Bank Statement – Last 3 months’ bank statement or last 6 months’ bank passbook. These documents are needed to verify the applicant’s income status prior to making the application for loan which also depicts the individual’s financial picture thus showing how credit worthy they are.
- Proof of Salary – Latest Salary Slip or current dated Salary Certificate with latest Form 16 which is used to legally depict the current net salary of the individual and to check whether it matches the level of minimum net monthly income as laid down in the eligibility criteria checklist.
Apply for HDFC Bank personal loan at Finbasket's in 4 simple steps:
Step 2: Fill out the ‘Eligibility Check’ form and proceed to view the best offers. The tool checks for your personal loan eligibility instantly as per HDFC's norms and offers customized loan options available to you.
Step 3: Compare and choose a loan offer that best suits your requirements and repayment capacity.
Step 4: Fill out the ‘e-Approval’ form and submit it. You will receive an instant e-approval with a reference number, which you must save for future reference.
Once you successfully apply for HDFC Bank Personal Loan at our website, we will forward your application electronically to the HDFC Bank. The bank on receiving the application will get in touch with you to take the process further.
EMI (Equated Monthly Instalment) is the amount that borrowers need to pay every month to pay off loan amount. Before applying for personal loan, it is important to calculate loan EMIs. Doing so will help you be aware of the total expenses you are going to bear every month. Also, it will help you plan your monthly expenses in advance.
You can calculate personal loan EMIs manually; however, using a personal loan EMI calculator for the same can make your task easier and more convenient. Finbasket's has an online Personal Loan EMI Calculator that is user-friendly and will give you results in a few seconds.
You will need to enter the loan amount, interest rate for your loan, and processing fee for different loan tenures. You will get different results for different loan tenures. You can change the loan amount and interest rate also. If you are planning to make a pre-payment, you can enter details associated with that also.
To calculate EMIs using our Personal Loan EMI Calculator, follow these steps:
- Use the sliders or input the key data such as principal amount, interest rate and tenure to get results.
Q – For what all purposes HDFC Bank Personal Loan can be utilized?
A – HDFC Bank has not specified what personal loans can be used for. However, they prohibit its use for speculative investment and practices. Mostly personal loans are used for moderate to big expenses such as vacations, wedding, medical emergencies and debt consolidation.
Q – How much can I borrow from HDFC Bank on personal loans?
A – HDFC Bank offers personal loans in absolute values ranging from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 40 lakhs. However, the actual amount that will be granted entirely depends on the applicant’s profile.
Q – What is the repayment tenure of HDFC Bank personal loan?
A – The tenure for HDFC Bank personal loan is between 1 and 5 years. The applicant may choose any period which is within this limit to repay the borrowed amount. The EMI would be decided based on the tenure of repayment chosen by the borrower. Higher tenure would imply a lower EMI and vice-versa.
Q – How can I repay my HDFC Bank personal loan?
A – You can repay the loan in EMIs either through post-dated cheques or ECS (Electronic Clearing Service). You can also give a standing instruction to debit your HDFC Bank account with the EMI amount.
Q - Can I repay my personal loan earlier?
Yes, you can choose to repay your loan any time after you have paid 12 EMIs. You can foreclose the loan by issuing a Demand draft or cheque at the branch. However, cash beyond Rs. 49000/- will not be accepted for part prepayment, full payment or matured loan closure payment. Payment above Rs. 49000 should be made through Account payee cheque, Pay order or Demand draft.
Q – Can HDFC Bank personal loan be partly prepaid?
A – Yes. HDFC Bank allows borrowers to partly pay their loan amount. However, part payment can only be done after the borrower has paid 12 EMIs. Borrowers can partly prepay maximum twice during the entire tenure and only once in a year. At any point, each part payment will not exceed 25% of the principal outstanding.
Q – What are the part payment charges applicable on HDFC Bank personal loan?
A – Charges applicable on part payment range from 4% to 2% of the part payment amount.
Q – What is the meaning of de-pledge?
A – Just as pledging means assigning a security in the name of the bank, de-pledging of the security has the opposite meaning. It means that the bank revokes its rights on the pledged property and the property reverts back in the name of the applicant.
Q – What are the additional charges on HDFC Bank personal loans?
A – Additional charges applicable on HDFC Bank personal loan include processing charges, pre-payment charges and late payment charges. Take these charges into consideration before applying for the loan.
Q – Does having a salary account with HDFC Bank entail any benefits in availing HDFC Bank personal loans?
A – If the applicant has an existing salary account with HDFC Bank and chooses to avail of HDFC Bank personal loan, the applicant can avail the benefit of preferential treatments in respect of the interest rate charged on the loan, relevant processing fee for the loan, faster loan processing and requirement of minimal documents. Standing instruction can also be given by the borrower to the bank to directly debit the money from the salary account to pay off the loan instalment.
Q – Under what reasons, my personal loan application can be rejected?
A – Loan approval or rejection is at the lender’s discretion. Some of the possible reasons for personal loan application rejection are:
- Low credit score
- Defaulted on previous credit accounts
- Multiple loans applications in short time
- Multiple active loan accounts
- Not under the allowed age limit
- Improper/incorrect documentation
- Unstable employment
- Insufficient income
- Insufficient employment history